Currently re-reading: "Eclipse" by Stephenie Meyer
We have library cards with bar codes on them, and to go online, you need to scan your card at a sign-in station. Today, a man called me over to complain that he had scanned his card a few times and it wasn't accepting it. I said, "Sir, that card you've been scanning is your supermarket rewards card." Oops.
He was cute about it, and said, "Don't say it so loudly that I tried to scan my rewards card. Then everyone will know I'm an idiot!"
Him, I liked.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At least he wasn't trying to scan it sideways. Or, taking the scanner out of the holder. Or, the cursor isn't in the box, so it scans but nothing happens.
ReplyDeleteOr putting the card in the slot for diskettes.
ReplyDeleteBe glad you have patrons that know the difference! And that they know how to use a barcode scanner.
ReplyDeleteAww, that was so cute. I know we all have done stupid things like putting the wrong casino card in and wondering why the slot machine says there is an error. But I have never done that...nope..never.
ReplyDeleteOne time Shep tried to scan her Dave & Buster's Gold Card (fancy, I know) for ConCon and I so we could play the semi-truck driving game but it turned out that she was scanning her Qdoba card. Boy, did we get a chuckle out of that.
ReplyDelete