Currently reading: "Revenge of the Spellmans" by Lisa Lutz
Where have you been, Librarian A Go-Go? Well, I'm glad you asked. I've been on a loverly vacation that has caused me to come back to the library and be kind to the patrons. It's nice, actually. I don't want them all to go home and never come back.
Last night, I had a mother who came in asking for a book on teen pregnancy. Well, she didn't want a book ON teen pregnancy; she wanted a book with a pregnant teen in it that was light and funny because her daughter was preggers. She was like, "I'm looking for a book where the main character is a teen who just happens to find herself pregnant. Then hilarity and hijinx ensued." That last part was me paraphrasing, but that was the gist.
Whoops! There I go, getting myself knocked up!
Her daughter was here, and she was maybe 16. She either has the nicest mom ever or the weirdest mom ever or both. I haven't decided yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmm, sounds like Mom (I mean, Grandma) wants a new baby at home. This is going to be a tough one. Sad that her daughter is going to go through this but at least Mom seems to be willing to help her along the way.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the thought on the taxes on the trip I won. I'm not sure if we have to pay them, I don't think so, but I better check to make sure! Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteYes, supporting your kid instead of disowning them. Could be a revolutionary new concept. Obviously these people weren't Catholic. Personally, if my daughter finds herself pregnant as a teenager I will beat her with an ivory-handled hairbrush then force her to have and raise the baby because, you know, there are no other options.
ReplyDelete