Monday, February 2, 2009

Mmm. Oil.

Currently re-reading: "New Moon" by Stephenie Meyer

Sometimes I mix up words. I think everyone does. Not everyone does it in such an awesome way as a man I talked to today.
I needed to check on a book that was supposed to come out in September, but still doesn't seem to be around, so I called the ALA. Yes, I called on the headquarters of the American Library Association, who was set to publish the book. I called and used the ISBN number as a way for him to find the book.
The book is called "Sequels: An Annotated Guide to Novels in Series". When he pulled it up, he said, "Oh, yes, Sequels, an ANOINTED Guide to Novels in Series." I didn't even laugh, not even after he said it three more times. I suppose the letters are close, a's and n's and t's and the like, but I can't see how any book could really claim to be chosen by divine intervention. Maybe the Bible or an Oprah book, but that's it.
I once had a patron come in and ask if I could help her use Google maps, but she called it Google-y, like googly eyes. That kept me entertained for at least two days.

6 comments:

  1. At the first branch I worked at, a huge number of patrons came in and asked for help using "Goggles".

    ReplyDelete
  2. My library director regularly calls it "Goggle" in her emails to staff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when people say motorsickle...instead of motorcycle......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I stick a fork in my eye.
    That day I went with the fork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still call it googley ever since you told me that story cuz it just cracked me up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete