Currently Reading: "Executive Privilege" by Philip Margolin
You know that old school saying about someone being a butter face, like she has a wicked hot body, and a great personality BUT HER FACE is hit? Today's patron was a butter face--literally.
A woman came up to the reference desk asking about Don Piper's "90 Minutes in Heaven", and as she was approaching, I realized she had something on the end of her nose. Yep, butter. Maybe she had been eating a bagel or some kind of baked good and got overly zealous? All I know is that it is hard to help someone when you keep looking at the huge glob of butter on her face.
Should I have told her about it? She is a semi-regular, but I don't feel all that close to her. Maybe I should have been like yo you have a shmear right here and wiped it off. Maybe not.
I would have told her. I'd want someone to tell me. Actually, I would want someone to lick it off of me, taking me by surprise. I'm sure I am alone in this feeling.
ReplyDeleteNice use of shmear.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure it wasn't a big booger?
ReplyDeleteCompletely agree that telling her would have been the right thing to do. The funny, yet somewhat cruel, thing to do is to let her continue to walk around with it on her nose. If it were me, I might not have realized ever... and it would have just washed away in the shower. Then again, I don't get out much.
ReplyDeletei think it's so hard to decide to tell people about that kind of stuff...i mean, i want to be told about things in my teeth and such asap, but then i'm also kind of embarrassed...my grandma thinks people should NEVER tell people about mess on their face (unless it's your mother, that's different).
ReplyDelete