Currently reading: "Sweetheart" by Chelsea Cain
In Michigan, when a person buys a winning lottery ticket, the place that sold it gets a percent from the government for selling it. A gas station owner in Detroit got $2000 off his sale of a $1,000,000 lottery ticket, and as a gift to his customers, he was going to deduct 20 cents per gallon from the going rate of gas for a limited time. Today was the day of his giveaway.
The library where I work is about a 50 minute drive from that gas station, but this afternoon I helped a regular by calling to make sure the promotion was still on so he could drive the 2 hour round trip to save less than $5.
I feel like my time is worth more than $2.50 an hour, but maybe that is just me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's one of my pet peeves. Just put gas in your stinkin' car already. Penny wise and Pound foolish. That's why it's takes me forever to get to work, everyone's shopping for the best gas prices!
ReplyDelete