Monday, January 12, 2009

Time Check

Currently reading: "Wishful Drinking" by Carrie Fisher

Last year, I wrote a grant for money from Target to put on a series of programs here at the library. We were awarded the grant, and the first program in the series is tomorrow at 6.30. I called to remind people today, and one woman asked me if it was 6.30 am or 6.30 pm. I suppose if I worked at a gym that would be a valid question, but the library is open 9 am to 9 pm. Maybe she thought she had come here one day before 7 am?
The program is at 6.30 pm, and it's about organizing. The first step for the patron who asked the question may be purchasing a planner to record her appointments at the appropriate times.
Am I being too harsh? Was that a valid question?

2 comments:

  1. Can we assume that if, when you list a book in the Currently Reading header, you finished it? I haven't read "Wishful Drinking," but saw Carrie do it as a one-woman show last year here in LA, and she was hilarious. She was great promoting the book on the Today Show a few weeks ago, with my favorite line being: "When they make biographies about me on TV, they always have a lot of shots of ambulances. The truth is, I haven't been in that many ambulances, except, of course, for the one that brought me here." You could even hear the crew laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I record the book I am in the process of reading, and then when the next book appears in that space, it means I've finished the one before.
    I read like a speed freak.
    "Wishful Drinking" was really funny. It's a short book, and very much reads like I am having a conversation with Carrie. Good times.

    ReplyDelete