Currently reading: "Thank You For All Things" by Sandra Kring
Did you know that the library is also a missing persons bureau? If you didn't, you're not alone; I didn't know it was either, but apparently, it is in my job description to know everyone's name and where they are at all times.
Yesterday, a semi-regular came up to the desk and said, "Where's Bob?", like I was involved in an elaborate hide-and-seek game. Yep, me and Bob really pulled a fast one on you, dude! I'm not telling where he is! And don't even think of looking in the 700s under games.
I asked some questions to figure out who this "Bob" was, and I realized Bob was a patron sometimes called Butt Crack Bob due to his low pants and failure to wear underwear. I told the seeker I hadn't seen Bob in like 30 minutes, and the seeker replied with, "But his car is in the parking lot!" Oh my bad. I haven't been able to stalk him as well as you have today, sir! Clearly, you already know more than I do about Bob.
Of course, in the true comedy of errors sense, as soon as Seeker left, Bob appeared, keys in hand. I don't know if Seeker and Bob found each other. I don't really care either. I have other people to go and keep monitor. It's not all about Bob.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW. i freaking love this blog. it makes me happy that the public i deal with are a captive audience and aren't allowed to wander.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wish more people would wander away from me.
ReplyDelete