Thursday, May 14, 2009

Insert Moon/Ass Joke Here

Currently reading: "8th Confession" by James Patterson

Ok, ok. So I'm not the most on top of it person when it comes to blogging.

New in the library:
Quarterly scolding where we are told we aren't up to snuff in the customer service area, and this is somehow related to a time clock being installed. A biometric time clock relying on fingerprints. Only the best for your tax dollars.

On to the Doozy!

As we are painfully aware, the library is a place for all. We should have the plaque that says bring us your tired, your dirty, your crabby pants, like the Liberty Lady. Last night, a co-worker and I were on the reference desk (well, I was sort of passing through since I had a program going on), and I looked over to my left and saw the moon. A FULL moon, if you get my meaning. We have a blind boy/child (BBC, who I think is like 17) who comes in and hangs out while his mom goes on the computer. Apparently, your senses really aren't sharper when you are missing one, because otherwise his sense of touch would have told him his ass was exposed to the air. Serious, serious ass, like pants down around his thighs.

At this point, I had to leave to check on my program, deserting my poor co-worker and some random lady on the Internet to giggle silently at the sight of bare ass on a library chair.

Later, my co-worker, AKA The One Left Behind (ha, behind), said at some point, BBC stood, hitched his pants up, and wandered around whispering, "Mother. Mother. I'm falling asleep" as he tapped about with his cane. Eventually, his mother came and collected him (and his ass) and they all went home.

If only we had biometric chairs so BBC's ass would be recognized the next time he came to the library...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll ask....how does a blind kid know that having his pants down to expose his butt is the "in" thing to do? He can't SEE his peeps doing that so does Mommy tell him what's up?
    And OMG, do you have to sanitize the chair after he leaves......? Inquiring minds have to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he was doing it to be cool. I think he just didn't know what was going on.
    We didn't sanitize the chair! I guess we should...

    ReplyDelete