Currently reading: "Does This Book Make Me Look Fat?" ed. by Marissa Walsh
Yesterday, a mother called asking if we had any original documents from Colonial America. She specifically said they couldn't be reproductions, because her son's teacher wanted works written by someone from Colonial America in the author's actual handwriting.
I know this may seem odd, but...well...you see, sadly, due to budget constraints, we are unable to house a large collection of original works from Ben Franklin or Pat Henry here at the library.
I asked her to read me the assignment from the sheet, so maybe I could make sense of it. Eventually, we agreed that she could probably make a photocopy of something or print out an image of the handwritten document. I suggested she could try Poor Richard's Almanack by Benjamin Franklin. She said she had never heard of Poor Richard or Benjamin Franklin, but she had heard of Little Richard.
Close enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG!!! I can just picture her making a copy of Little Richard's heavily makeup-covered face and a copy of one of his songs...GOOD GOLLY, MISS MOLLY. Thanks for the laugh!!!
ReplyDeleteRule #1 The parents don't know what's going on.
ReplyDeleteRule #2 The kids don't know what's going on.
People sadden me. That is all.
ReplyDeleteThis is like the person who wanted pictures of dinosaurs. Real photograph pictures, not the drawing kind in books. Sadly the cavemen were not good archivists.
ReplyDelete