Currently reading: "Thin Is The New Happy" by Valerie Frankel
A man wandered in today, asking for a book. He knew neither a title nor an author. He just knew the book was big and expensive. It was an art book done by a female artist who was "famous for Indians hidden in the woods." It was sort of like a magic eye book, but not really. It was a sort of recent book, but not really.
THROW ME A BONE HERE PEOPLE! I can't do this all myself.
My arms are sore from the heavy lifting I do around here.
******UPDATE!*******
Thanks to a comment from a lovely reader, the mystery has been solved! I stand corrected--it is easy to find books/authors/concepts/etc. if you know how to look for them or if you happen to have heard of the topic/idea/person before. I will never forget this lady/idea/series so the next time I see the patron, I can tell him of the discovery. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it has to be Bev Dolittle. She does lots of pictures about Indians and she paints so things are hidden. It's beautiful work and I am sure she had a big art book....
ReplyDeleteactually, I think it is spelled BEV DOOLITTLE and the books are THE ART OF BEV DOOLITTLE and
ReplyDeleteTHE FOREST HAS EYES
what a great blog...you have a great way with words!
ReplyDelete